Thank you for participating in the NFU’s 51st annual National Convention! Here your “virtual convention kit” with the information you will need or find useful to take part in this most unusual convention!
If you have difficulty joining the Zoom meeting, please contact Joan Lange at the National Office 306-652-9465.
Click here for your Convention Handbook in English and French. It includes:
- Welcome / Bienvenue
- National President’s Message
- Women’s President’s Message
- Youth President Message
- Convention Agenda/ Agenda de la convention
- Year in Review/Année passée en revue
- Guidelines for Positive Behaviour/ Lignes directrices pour une conduite respectueuse
- Solidarity Forever/ Solidarité mes frères et mes soeurs
Other Convention Information
- Detailed Convention Agenda
- Steering Committee Report – rules of order specific to our convention
- Wednesday November 25
- Thursday November 26
- Keynote event A Good War: Mobilizing Canada for the Climate Emergency with speaker Seth Klein
- Friday November 27
- Music: Terry Morrison & Sean Conway
- Saturday November 28
- Speaker biographies
- Virtual book table
- IPC Recommended Webinar List
Only NFU members who are delegates are entitled to move, second and vote on resolutions during convention, but everyone is welcome to participate in the debate and discussion. When resolutions are being discussed, each resolution and any amendments to them, will be displayed on your computer screen. Click here for a printable document of the 2020 Convention Resolutions prepared by the Resolutions Committee .
The resolutions document has two parts: those resolutions that have been passed at a Regional Convention and those resolutions that were submitted by individual members via email prior to the November 21 deadline. The resolutions submitted by individuals must each be “referred” by a two-thirds vote by delegates before they can be debated during convention. Resolutions will not necessarily be debated in numerical sequence – the Resolutions Committee will decide the order during convention.
Please complete the Convention Evaluation to provide the feedback we need to keep making conventions better. This will particularly useful this year,with the new online format. If you attended one or more pre-convention workshops/webinars please complete a Pre-Convention Webinar Evaluation for each of them as well,