(Saskatoon, December 3, 2019) – Katie Ward was re-elected by acclamation as President of the National Farmers Union at the 50th Annual National Convention held in Winnipeg, November 24 to 27, 2019.
Results of the national officers elections are as follows:
- Katie Ward of Woodlawn, ON, acclaimed as President
- Coral Sproule of Perth, ON, acclaimed as Women’s President
- Stuart Oke of Saint-Andre-Avellin, QC, acclaimed as Youth President
- Glenn Norman of Red Deer County, AB, acclaimed as First Vice-President (Policy)
- Stewart Wells of Swift Current, SK acclaimed as Second Vice-President (Operations)
- Bess Legault, of Fort St John, BC acclaimed as Women’s Vice-President
- Jessie MacInnis of Tatamagouche, NS, acclaimed as Youth Vice-President
The National Farmers Union is a direct-membership voluntary organization made up of Canadian farm families who share common goals. It is the only farm organization incorporated through an Act of Parliament. NFU members believe that the problems facing farmers are common problems, and that farmers producing diverse products must work together to advance effective solutions. The NFU works toward the development of economic and social policies that will maintain the family farm as the primary food-producing unit in Canada.