We believe a strong rural community in Canada is an essential part of our national culture. In the National Farmers Union, we work collectively to strengthen the farm community by:
- building ties between farmers in all parts of Canada, with farmers in other countries and with non‐farm people;
- ensuring all people have access to an adequate, nutritious and safely‐produced food supply;
- promoting equity for women and young people in the farming community;
- promoting social support systems that permit people in farming communities a good quality of life;
- promoting the development and maintenance of a Canadian infrastructure to serve Canadian goals in food production and trade; and
- helping governments to form fair and constructive policies related to food production and food trade.