(November 28, 2020)– Katie Ward was acclaimed as President of the National Farmers Union at the 51st Annual National Convention held virtually November 25 to 28, 2020.
Results of the national officer elections are as follows:
- Katie Ward of Woodlawn, ON, acclaimed as President
- Bess Legault of Fort St. John, BC, acclaimed as Women’s President
- Stuart Oke of Saint-Andre-Avellin, QC, acclaimed as Youth President
- Julia Smith, of Merritt, BC, acclaimed as First Vice-President (Policy)
- Stewart Wells of Swift Current, SK, acclaimed as Second Vice-President (Operations)
- Coral Sproule of Perth, ON, acclaimed as Women’s Vice-President
- Jessie MacInnis of Tatamagouche, NS, acclaimed as Youth Vice-President
The National Farmers Union is a direct-membership voluntary organization made up of Canadian farm families who share common goals. It is the only farm organization incorporated through an Act of Parliament. NFU members believe that the problems facing farmers are common problems, and that farmers producing diverse products must work together to advance effective solutions. The NFU works toward the development of economic and social policies that will maintain the family farm as the primary food-producing unit in Canada.