(Saskatoon, November 26, 2018) – Katie Ward was elected President of the National Farmers Union at the 49th Annual National Convention held in Saskatoon, November 22 to 24, 2018.
Results of the national officers elections are as follows:
- Katie Ward of Woodlawn, ON, elected President
- Toby Malloy of Nanton, AB, acclaimed as Women’s President
- Stuart Oke of Saint-Andre-Avellin, QC, acclaimed as Youth President
- Cam Goff of Hanley, SK, elected First Vice-President (Policy)
- Stewart Wells of Swift Current, SK elected Second Vice-President (Operations)
- Coral Sproule of Perth, ON, acclaimed as Women’s Vice-President
- Jessie MacInnis of Tatamagouche, NS, acclaimed as Youth Vice-President
The National Farmers Union is a direct-membership voluntary organization made up of Canadian farm families who share common goals. It is the only farm organization incorporated through an Act of Parliament. NFU members believe that the problems facing farmers are common problems, and that farmers producing diverse products must work together to advance effective solutions. The NFU works toward the development of economic and social policies that will maintain the family farm as the primary food-producing unit in Canada.