NFU’s 54th annual convention The Future of Farming: In Our Hands in the nation’s capital is one you will not want to miss! Following the energizing actions from lobbying day is our 3-day convention program which includes:
- Thursday Keynote Speaker from Fatima Syed, Climate Journalist, National Magazine Award nominee, a Digital Publishing Award winner, and winner of the 2022 World Press Freedom Award
- Informative panels covering topics including farmland, trade, climate solutions, migrant workers’ experiences, seed sovereignty, and more
- Lively debate on resolutions from across the country
- Electing NFU leadership for the 2023-2024 year
- An In-person Indigenous Learning Circle
- Interactive sessions for organizing and building collective energy
- Wednesday Pub Night with allied organizations
- Friday Local Food Feast by Ottawa Area NFU Farmers
- Friday Dance with a live local band, awards, and jam session (BYO instrument)
The Convention will held in person in Ottawa and on-line via Zoom Thursday November 23 to Saturday November 25.
Book your Stay
Holiday Inn Ottawa East, 1199 Joseph Cyr, Ottawa, ON K1J 7T4
CALL: 1-613-744-1060 to book your hotel room Use block code: NFU
Book by October 21 to receive the NFU Convention rate of $149.00/night (plus tax) double or single queen.
Wednesday, November 22 we will be holding a lobbying day for members. The future of farming needs to be in the hands of farmers. These lobby days will uplift NFU’s collective voice to make that happen.
Mark your calendars, and check this page for latest updates and details!