Recent blog posts
- System Change Grounded in Food Sovereignty at the 2015 Climate Talks in Paris
- Bill 6 Benefits For Farmers Are Far-Reaching
- New Farmers Need New Government
- TPP and the Chickens of Forestville
- Canadians Must Stay Strong Against TransCanada Energy East Pipeline
- Who Benefits, Who Loses from Non-Browning GM Apple
- New Farmer Survey: Reminder & more on sweet prizes!
- The National New Farmer Coalition needs you!
- Manitoba’s Small Scale Food Report Provides Food for Thought
- Walking Out on the Commons
- La Via Campesina (2)
- NFU Youth (9)
- Organisations (4)
- Production (1)
- Ecological/Organic Farming (7)
- Events (5)
- Farmer Profiles (5)
- Policy and Campaigns (2)
- Regional Reports and Issues (3)
Do you farm? Become a Member
Not a farmer? Become an Associate Member
Services for Members
Make a donation
Attend National Convention
Subscribe to our RSS feed to get notifications when new items are posted.
Find us on: Facebook
What is the NFU?
The National Farmers Union is a direct-membership voluntary organization made up of Canadian farm families who share common goals. It is the only farm organization incorporated through an Act of Parliament.
NFU members believe that the problems facing farmers are common problems, and that farmers producing diverse products must work together to advance effective solutions. The NFU works toward the development of economic and social policies that will maintain the family farm as the primary food-producing unit in Canada.